Members with the Cruise Club also have the ability to exchange their membership cabin weeks to vacation with Resort Condominum International (RCI). RCI works with over 4,000 resort locations worldwide to provide members the opportunity to exchange their home resort week to travel to any of their affiliate resorts.
RCI WEEKS resorts are ranked by color season and by Group RCI Resort Recognition Program (Gold Crown Resort , Silver Crown Resort , Hospitality Resort and Standard Resort). These color seasons indicate the value of the week based on the overall demand for that property during certain times of the year. The following are the various color seasons RCI uses to rank their properties.
1- Red – Highest Demand Periods
2- White – Mid level demand periods
3- Blue – Low level demand periods
A cabin week on the boat is valued as a Red Season property with RCI WEEKS. Therefore a member can exchange, week for week to into any available properties with RCI.
About Group RCI a Wyndham Worldwide Company
Founded in 1974 as an exchange service for condominium owners called Resort Condominiums International, RCI quickly became a driving force for growth within timeshare, and has been at the forefront of the vacation ownership industry ever since.
Today, the company is the leading worldwide company in vacation exchanges and rentals, and has over 4,000 affiliated resorts located in 100 countries, with over three million subscribing members living in more than 200 countries. Group RCI's exchange systems offer consumers the ultimate flexibility in vacations with more quality resort destinations and leisure product choices in more countries than any other service. Since its inception, Group RCI has arranged exchange vacations for more than 54 million people worldwide.
What is Trading Power?
RCI prioritizes exchange requests according to established Trading Power guidelines. The Trading Power of your deposit is based on the supply, demand, and usage of the week, resort and area you deposit. Other factors that influence your deposit's Trading Power include season, unit configuration, the resort's Vacation Experience Profile, and how early you deposit the vacation time with RCI. Depositing your week in our Deposit System early, and submitting an exchange request well in advance, maximizes your opportunity to confirm a desired exchange.
RCI Weeks Membership Benefits and Services
Endless Vacation® magazine
• RCI subscribing members receive this exclusive travel magazine, featuring full-length articles on destinations, traveler's tales, events and sights too good to miss.
• Endless Vacation® magazine is the official publication of RCI, LLC. RCI benefits are obtained only via subscription to the Endless Vacation magazine. Use of the term membership is intended to denote subscription to the Endless Vacation magazine.
• Exchange Vacations - One of the most significant benefits of RCI subscribing membership is the ability to exchange into one of the many RCI affiliated resorts. One year you might want to bask in the Caribbean sunshine. The next, to walk along the Appalachian Trail or ski the Rockies. From art colonies, to theme parks, your Exchange Vacation unlocks a world of possibilities. Exchange Vacations are a great solution when you need to change the annual weeks you've been assigned to at your resort. Simply deposit that week with RCI and choose a vacation at a time and place that works for you.
• Cruise Vacations - RCI subscribing members may get the most for their exchange when they experience an RCI Cruise Vacation. By exchanging your RCI Week for a Cruise Vacation, you'll join over 98,000 of your fellow RCI Members who have exchanged their RCI Week towards a cruise and saved up to $1,200 per cabin. RCI Members even have the ability to quadruple their savings when they share their RCI Member benefits with friends and family! With just one deposit and a single exchange fee, you can purchase up to three additional family and friends cabins at the pre-discounted RCI member only rate you received on your cabin for savings up to $4,800*. Choose from over 50 leading cruise lines and thousands of itineraries that will take you to some of the most fascinating ports of call in the world - without any blackout dates to work around.
*Based on an exchange of a qualified vacation week and a savings rate of up to $1,200 per cabin.
• Extra VacationsSM Getaways
Travel far beyond one vacation per year when you have an RCI Subscribing Membership. Take another vacation or several. RCI regularly has extra resort inventory available (whether it's peak or off-season), that members can purchase at very attractive prices.
• Last CallSM Vacations
A clearance sale of last-minute vacations: These are last-minute vacations with check-in days in 45 days or less. Studio units are $129 + tax USD. One-bedroom units are $179 + tax USD. And two-bedroom units are only $219 + tax USD. And that's for a full week!
Last Call vacations are limited and subject to availability. These prices are only available online.
Other Member Benefits and Services
• RCI®Elite Rewards® credit card Program - Designed especially for RCI Subscribing Members, the RCI Elite Rewards credit card program lets members earn Rewards on everyday purchases, with no annual fee. Redeem Rewards for RCI membership fees and services as well as travel, entertainment and shopping.
The RCI Elite Rewards credit card is not currently available to members who reside in Canada.
• Guest Certificates - Give the gift of a vacation. Friends and family of RCI members can enjoy RCI vacations too. Give a Guest Certificate and they can vacation at available RCI affiliated resorts, just like a member. RCI Guest Certificates can be purchased for $59 USD/$65 CAD, plus the cost of the vacation. Guest Certificates are available for Exchange vacations, Extra Vacations and Last Call vacations.
Please note that, according to RCI's Terms and Conditions, Guest Certificates cannot be sold or used for commercial purposes. Your guest must be at least 21 years of age.
• RCI Cancellation Protection - Protect your deposit's trading power with RCI Cancellation Protection. Experienced travelers know that even the best vacation plans can fall prey to the unavoidable. Why risk potentially losing your deposit's trading power if you cancel your confirmed vacation? With RCI Cancellation Protection, you can protect the trading power of your deposit to ensure it's retained in the event of a cancellation, plus you'll receive a credit for the purchase price of the protection. Relax... your trading power is covered with RCI Cancellation Protection.
For additional information you can also contact RCI directly at 1-800-338-7777.