As of December 1, 2020, the British Virgin Islands has reopened their borders to allow international travel, permitting certain protocols are completed prior to and during your stay in the Islands. Please bookmark this page to review and view changing protocols and follow us on Facebook here.
BEFORE YOU GO
- Current protocol is requiring guest to provide proof of travel insurance that protects their vacation investment in the case of cancellation, quarantine requirements, or medical coverage in the event of a traveler testing positive for COVID-19. Learn more about CSA Travel Insurance and get a free quote here.
- Each traveler must provide a mandatory certified negative PCR COVID-19 test result. This must be taken and provided within five days prior to guests’ arrival in the BVI.
REGISTERING ON THE BVI GATEWAY PORTAL
- At least 48 hours prior to arrival, guests must apply for a “BVI Gateway Traveler Authorization Certificate”. An application needs to be filled out for each traveler in your party. You can begin registering here.
ARRIVING IN THE ISLANDS
- Your arrival in the Islands is considered DAY 0 of your four-day quarantine process. After receiving a PCR COVID-19 test upon your arrival, you will download the Contact Tracing Mobile App. The cost for the two PCR COVID-19 tests and the Contact Tracing bracelet and app is approximately $175 per person.
- On DAY 0, you will be able to board our yachts however guests will not be permitted to go ashore until your negative test results have been confirmed. Yachts will adhere to a curfew between 6:00pm and 5:00am and are permitted to sail to approved locations during your quarantine period. A map of approved locations can be found here.
- As we are unique and book by the cabin, all guests boarding our charters must follow the same quarantine requirements whether you have booked as a couple or with a larger party.
DURING YOUR CHARTER
FOUR DAY QUARANTINE
- Your quarantine period begins the day after you arrive in the BVI. Yachts can sail to approved locations during this time. Guests may leave the boat to swim and use on board sporting equipment, but they will not be permitted to visit restaurants, bars or shopping establishments.
- Your final PCR COVID-19 test will take place on the fifth day of your charter. Our crew will arrange for transport to an off-boat location for your test. If your results of the Day 4 test are negative, you will then be able to move freely within the Territory. If the results of the day four test are positive, you will be required to quarantine for ten days.
- After receiving negative Day 4 test results, guests that move freely throughout the Territory will still be required to wear masks in all public spaces and must continue to social distance at 6 ft. apart.
- Anyone who breaches the mandatory four-day quarantine will face a fine of $15,000.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON PCR COVID-19 TESTING
Typically, the average turnaround time for testing results is 18-24 hours. The cost of the two PCR COVID-19 tests administered in the BVI and the Contact Tracing bracelet and app are approximately $175 per person. Should you require an additional test, the cost is approximately $70-75 per person.
Upon your arrival in the BVI, you will be provided with instructions on how to make arrangements for your Day 4 test. If your arrival test results are negative, you will proceed to your four-day quarantine aboard our yacht. If your arrival results are positive, you will be required to quarantine at an approved location for fourteen days, at your expense. If the results of your Day 4 test are positive, you and all those aboard will be required to quarantine at an approved location for ten days, at your expense.
At this time, those that have been vaccinated are still subject to all BVI protocols.
DEPARTING THE ISLANDS
The BVI does not require another test to leave the country. Tests are available to US and International travelers who may need to provide a negative test result to return home.
Starting January 26, 2021, the US Government now requires travelers coming from international countries, including US citizens, to provide negative test results within 3 days of departure aboard a flight. Antibody test results and vaccine certifications will not be accepted. The cost for this test is approximately $70-75 per person.
As our charters are seven days, the Day 4 test results will satisfy these new requirements. For those continuing to stay on the Islands after our charter, you will need to adhere to the new requirements above.