COVID-19 UPDATE Updated November 29, 2021
The following protocols are required for fully vaccinated travelers:
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
Guests traveling through St. Thomas via ferry will need to register on the USVI Travel Portal within 5 days of their arrival to the USVI at https://www.usvitravelportal.com/.
If arriving via ferry from St. Thomas, you must prebook your ferry tickets in advance. Please visit the BVI Ports Authority here to view the most recent ferry schedule. Ferry tickets can be purchased direct with one of the following ferry service operators:
Smith’s Ferry: https://smithsferry.com/
Road Town Fast Ferry: https://www.roadtownfastferry.com/
Native Son: https://www.nativesonferry.com
You must pre-register for a rapid antigen test via the Hummingbird Portal depending on your point of entry (if your pre-arrival COVID test is more than 48 hours prior to arrival).
Road Town Ferry Terminal (Public Ferry service between Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas and Road Town, BVI)
West End Ferry Terminal (only Private Water Taxi point of entry)
If arriving via Beef Island Airport on Tortola, you must pre-register for a rapid antigen tests via the Hummingbird Portal (if your pre-arrival COVID test is more than 48 hours prior to arrival).
All guests regardless of point of entry must have the following documentation for arrival into the British Virgin Islands:
- Proof of a negative PCR test or approved antigen rapid test taken within 5 days prior to arrival.
- Proof of full vaccination (Vaccination must be 2 weeks after the final dose of Moderna or Pfizer or 2 weeks after the single dose of Johnson&Johnson)
- Proof of travel insurance that covers:
- COVID-19 medical costs, including hospitalization, doctor's visits and prescriptions
- Medical repatriation
- Quarantine accommodation costs
It is recommended to bring a hard copy of the following items with you:
- Proof of vaccination
- Proof of negative test results
- Proof of travel insurance showing coverage as it relates to Covid-19
- Fully vaccinated travelers who tested more than 48 hours prior to arrival will receive a rapid test upon entry for an additional fee of $50 per person, paid via cash or card. Test results are provided before leaving the airport or ferry port.
- Pay the $10 per person BVI Environmental Fee (cash only).
Once you’ve cleared BVI Customs and Immigrations, we recommend Sebastian’s Transport for transfer to marina. You may prebook your taxi at: https://transportbvi.com/online-booking.
WHILE IN THE BVI'S
- Be prepared to wear masks when ashore.
- Onboard snorkeling equipment will be assigned per person during your charter to prevent contamination.
- Guests returning through St. Thomas will need to submit the USVI Travel Portal within 3 days of their arrival to St. Thomas.
- Take a PCR test within 48 hours of arriving in St. Thomas.
- Be prepared to show your negative test results, from your test taken during your trip, to the airlines prior to boarding.
- Tortola charges a $20 per person departure tax.
Please review the following protocols required for partially-vaccinated and non-vaccinated travelers: https://bvigateway.bviaa.com/.